I was mad at Claire today..... I know, I can hear the audible intake of breath and shock at the thought. She was up in her bed for almost three hours today "trying" to take a nap. Hmmmmmm.....sounds a little fishy, right? I come in to find that after she has undressed herself, de-diapered herself, peed on her sheets, thrown all of her blankets onto the floor, and having the time of her life (all while "baby sister" is sitting idly by watching the circus mind you). I patiently redress her, take off her sheets and replace them and line her bed with blankets, take baby sister away (because obviously she is a bit more of a distraction than motivation today), and kiss her cheek so she can restfully, and finally, take a nap. After I shut the door I can hear her crying very sadly for her baby this continues for a time (the time is now 4:00) and I realize that the time has come and it is probably too late for her to even take a nap...a titch miffed, yes? Yes. So, as the loving mother what did I do? I gave her the cold shoulder. I got her out of bed, I didn't smile at her, and I put her in her high chair to have a snack of broccoli and cheetoh's and began to look at blogs for some reverie. After reading some cute blogs about other good moms I started feeling bad for being a bratty mom and I look over to find her eating her cheetoh's straight off of her tray with her mouth, and if she couldn't reach them with her mouth she would scoot them closer to her with her hand and THEN eat them off her tray. I just had to smile at her and realize what a nerd I was being....as I opened up this new post box to write a post about my silly motherhood moments , I look over at Claire and expect to find my sweet bug redeeming herself from her afore mentioned transgressions and what do I find? That is right, her tray submerged in cheetoh water and her hands ready to splash away. Is it bedtime yet?
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Katie, alas, you are perfect, but I think we all have days like that. Thank heavens for tomorrows, huh?
ah, being a mom is great, right? And definitely EXHAUSTING!!! I have had days where Andrew has done the same thing at nap time, and it is frustrating!! Most of the time these days he doesn't take a nap because often when he does he can't go to sleep at night, and sometimes is up until midnight. RIDICULOUS!!! Hopefully tomorrow she will take a nice long nap for you... and Katie, you are a GREAT mom!!
At least we can lay in our bed at night and just laugh. What would we do without our little ones? Don't feel bad when you read other people's blogs I used to do that and I would drive myself crazy. Nobody is perfect, luckily our babies love us no matter what. Your an amazing mommy, I always get inspiration to be a better mom from your blog.
I am so sorry katie but can I tell you that it is nice to hear another mom going thru some of my days. I think the same thing thinking that I am a horrible mom and That is when I realize that kids with be kids and they are going to keep testing me to see how much they can get away with. I hate the limits test. They stink. But just think...they do grow out of the Cheeto Water phase.
Alright I saw your post on Toni's blog and I have to get one of those darling beanies. you can contact me at katielarsen4395@msn.com Thanks!
Oh Katie. I can so relate. Sigh. Some days I just have to hold my breath and remember it's just a moment. Hang in there--hugs. I have found that for both of my boys this works best. I leave the door open until they are asleep since I can't hear through the door--David is a really sneaky escape artist. But each time he gets up, I walk in and without making eye contact nor saying anything, I put him back in bed. This is repeated sometimes by 100, but he knows that Mom is serious. And I know that you aren't looking for advice, just a listening ear, so ignore me. I know you know her the best. And for the record, I think you're an AMAZING mom!
I feel your pain. I don't know why but nap time determines how your day goes. We have had days like these when you finally cave and they have no nap. Yes I to gave the cold shoulder. They probably have no clue what our problem is, oh well. I hope she is not ready to be done with naps Allie was 2 and 4 mths when she stopped.
Post a Comment