Saturday, October 4, 2008

26 Years of Amazingness!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!

This would be my 2nd blog post of all time so it must be a momentous occasion. So everyone basically knows how awesome my wife is, particularly those of you who frequent our blog. While my wit definitely will not be up to par with what you all are used to finding on this blog, I will do my best to deliver. So without further ado...
Today is my wifer's birthday. She recently posted about the top ten things that she loved about her grandma, and I thought that it would follow nicely (themewise) to do something similar. So here it goes... the top ten reasons that Katie Jane Young is freakin' awesome!
1. She is Hillarious as all getout! Sometimes I can't even handle the things she says, the faces she makes, and her funny little voices that she does when she's quoting a movie (or the office) or "getting into character."
2. She is an Amazing Little Mom. Sometimes I come home to find that Claire has learned yet one more cute phrase to repeat or Katie tells me a story of something that she and Claire did that day and I can't help but be thankful for such a rockin' woman as the matriarch of our family.
3. She has just a little bit of Road Rage. Never fail... when Katie is behind the wheel (especially in Cache Valley), anything that goes remotely amiss flips the switch and turns Katie into a rager. Don't get me wrong... she's not a mean rager... just a cute rager that just makes me smile when I see her telling off some oblivious stranger.
4. Puppy Dog Eyes and the Quivering Lip. Katie has this thing that she does to make her lip quiver any time she is trying to get something out of me or convince me to do something... and I am the biggest sucker for it.
5. She is Mrs. Goal Setter of America. Katie is non-stop setting goals for herself, myself, and our family. She is always looking for ways for us to be better, and me being the laid-back person that I am probably wouldn't get it done without her, so thus... thank you sweetheart for giving me that little nudge to better myself.
6. She is Smokin' Hot. She may find this a little bit embarrassing, but I don't really care. I think she is sooooooo beautiful and don't know how I landed such a catch. Lucky break or something, but I still get that "high school crush" feeling when we go out on dates and things like that.
7. Nose Wrinkles. When Katie laughs at little silly things, not the gut-busting laughs, just the little guys, and she really thinks it's funny, she wrinkles her nose... a trait she has passed on to Clairey that most of you have probably seen before.
8. Her Amazing Testimony. Katie has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ that I absolutely adore. She is never afraid to share spiritual experiences and it seems like she is always having them. She has a relationship with her Savior that keeps her going through difficult trials and is always looking for opportunities to follow Christ's example and serve others.
9. She loves Music You Can Feel. Don't be confused by this one. I'm not referring to a specific type of music, instead a specific volume of music. Katie (and most of her family for that matter) believe that you should feel music... quite literally. The music in her car, in our home, on her ipod, and everywhere else is always blaring. While at first I was mildly annoyed by this feature, I have come to find it one of her more endearing qualities as she finds so much happiness in singing and dancing around our home with the music turned up loud.
10. She is about as Talented as they come. It seems that whatever Katie touches turns to gold. She can sing amazingly well. She has a great knack for knowing what others are going through and how best to help them. She can make anything look great, whether it's fixing up our home, making cards for birthdays, decorating a Christmas tree, cutting/coloring/styling someone's hair, or picking out the clothes her husband wears to work. She can do it all.
So there you have it. The top ten reasons Katie is amazing. So on this, her 26th birthday, let us bow down and worship her awesomeness!

10 comments:

Cali said...

Happy Birthday Katie! You are so great and I hope you had a great day! Love ya! (Jeremy, that was really cute!)

Chelsea said...

I agree 100%! Happy Birtday girl. You are amazing today just like you always were in High School. I think the world of you and hope you enjoyed your day! Love ya!

Jen said...

She is awesome, isn't she? I'm a Katie fan, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!! Can you believe we are all turing 26!!!

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Um Jeremy-You are starting to sound pretty much exactly like your dear wife. If you hadn't said this is your second time posting I would swear she had written it-They say your start becoming the same person the longer you are married-in your case I can see this coming on fast! You two are so perfect for each other. Cute couple. Katie I left you a tribute on "another blog" Love ya!

shinobu said...

Happy Birthday, Katie! You and Jeremy are so cute together:) I still remember the sparkle you had in your eyes when you sat next to my desk in our office and told me all about your first date with him! Hope you had a great b-day!

Shinobu

The Mallory's said...

Happy b-day Katie. Too bad we aren't in Logan to do a dinner for you and Brady:o) Ah, those were the days weren't they. I feel like we haven't talked to you guys forever. Congrats on the baby by the way. We will have to do dinner with Meg when we come back for Christmas.

Shannon said...

Cute Cute!! Jerm is quite the blogger! Happy Birthday, you are seriously the best &heart;

Anonymous said...

AMEN Brotha! We absolutely love that little lady of yours! Not to mention that we miss you both terribly! I have always looked up to Katie- not only because she's taller than me and she has the same name as I do- but because she is a beautiful person to fashion anyones life after. She truly has made a difference in our family's life.

jason and michelle clarke said...

happy birthday, late.What great things were said about you! You are definetly an awesome woman!! Hope you had a good day.