Thursday, March 12, 2009

You Asked For It!

Macy Bea Young

First of all I wanted to thank my sister Toni for posting for me yesterday! She snapped some awesome photos and I begged her to post them on my blog. Now for all of you that wanted the details and more (many many more) pictures, buckle your seat belts because here we go!

I was induced around 8:00am on Tuesday and labor went really well. We actually had the same nurse as my labor with Claire and she was wonderful! I got my epidural and after pushing through three contractions she was born! She was born at 1:04 pm at 8lbs 2 oz. It was lucky she was born so quickly because she had the cord wrapped tightly around her neck. So when I saw her she was super pale and she wasn't crying. I was a little nervous but she finally cried, but even after oxygen she was grunting and showing other signs of distress. She had bruising on her ear, arm, and face so the NICU nurse thought she would have to take her to transition...immediately my mind raced back to our experience with Claire, but the nurse decided to let me snuggle her for a minute before they had to take her. After just a couple minutes of mommy loves her color had improved and she stopped grunting and breathing easily. It was seriously amazing to know that she knew me and perked right up in my arms. They were shocked, but so glad that they could leave her with us.

She has been doing wonderful ever since! Her color is perfect and you can't even tell she is bruised. She is so sweet and guess what?! SHE EATS!!! Fifteen minutes after they gave her to me she took a bottle and guzzled down an ounce and a half. Oh man, what a relief...seriously. Here are some of my favorite pictures so far...and yes, there are a lot!


Claire is already a HUGE fan!

Macy right after birth with her little pale face and shiny eyes.
Her first bath by daddy!
Mommy Kisses
And loves
We had a little celebration to welcome Macy to the family. Claire loved it...well, mostly the frosting! Here is her cake.
The family
Loving Miss Bea
Fuzzy little bear rug hair!
Honey and Bampa made the drive to see her on her very first day!
LOVE HER!
Proud Mamma!
Eating Time!
Claire was a champ! She kept petting her head like she was a kitty. My silly ladies.
ARENT THOSE BOOTS THE CUTEST!! Thanks Tone, Tone!
I told Macy no gang signs, but she threw some up anyway.

Tongue check. Yep, she has one.
She likes that binky. Hallelujah!
And then she was done...I think she was ready to go home!

16 comments:

Jeff & Erin said...

So so adorable!!

Unknown said...

omg!!! So stinking cute!!! I can't believe all that hair! The pics are so adorable.

kelly and ali said...

Congrats! We're so happy for you and your family! I hate seeing when someone I know is prego when I am and they already have a baby! I'm very jealous and so happy to know that everything went great! Miss you guys!

Jon and Melissa said...

I LOVE HER!! She is absolutley so cute and chunky and herself. She kind of looks like Claire, but so different. Thanks for all the pictures, I was dying to see more!

Clint and Meg said...

I am dead. Not dieing (to snug her) I'm already to dead! I really think she needs some Aunt Meg snuggles so I guess I feel a trip quick trip coming on soon! Clint is calling her Sacajawea. No offense cause she is the CUTEST thing I have seen in quite awhile. Can't wait to meet her!

Sara said...

She is so beautiful Katie. You are so blessed and I am happy to hear that Labor went well for you. that is always nice when it is quick and fairly easy. Good luck with your new little one.

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

That is the sweetest blog I have ever experienced! I seriously wanted to cry! I am soooo happy for you. You look amazing, your baby is adorable, and I bet Claire will be such a good little helper and Jeremy looked like he was in lady heaven!

a-anderson said...

Congrats. She is seriously DARLING! Just look at all that hair. I love the picture of you guys kissing her.

Calder Family said...

She is adorable! And of course you look great! Makes me want a girl! Congrats! I'm glad she is a good eater!

geeno said...

love the photos - they are all fabulous!! those boots truly are irresistible - bel actually has a pair too :)

Thanks for sharing with us far away folks - i love instant gratification.

Stacy said...

So cute Katie!! Way to go!!

Kara said...

she is so adorable,,,i can't get over her cheeks.. congrats on a beautiful little girl

Emily said...

I am so glad that all went well with your delivery... THREE pushes?? way to go and what a blessing that she arrived quickly! babies are miracles and every time I think about ALL the details and little things that have to work and develop and then go just right for nine months...it is so amazing and a real testament that they come straight from Heaven!! She is a little angel and I am dreaming about squeezing her a lot! That feather hair is my favorite, not to mention rose petal skin, oh and that warm little body... give her some extra loves from me. I can't wait to meet her! BTW darling pictures Katie, a perfect little family!! It seems impossible but it only gets better from here :)xoxo

Jen said...

I have tears in my eyes... you really captured the miracle and preciousness of bringing a new baby into your family. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to chat, so I'll have to talk to you soon. Love you!

Jill said...

I'm so happy everything went well! I'm happy she eats and takes a binki! Wahoo. I love those cheeks.

Daryl and Ashley said...

I am so glad that she didn't have to go to the NICU. That cord thing freaks me out! I am so glad everything turned out fine!