Monday, March 9, 2009

Let Us Reminisce

At this time tomorrow I will be calling the hospital to see when to head in for my induction. Nuts! I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone by and that tomorrow we will have a new little lady to welcome into our home. I caught a serious case of anxiety laying in bed last night wondering and thinking about all the changes to come, but then I thought about the crazy awesome ride the last two years have been with Claire. All that we have gone through has molded us into the close knit, fun (I think we are fun) family that we are today. Ahhhh, the adventures to come. But I am just going to say, if this one doesn't eat....so help me, I just might end up with just two children!


Here is a little walk down memory lane of our first few days with Claire. Also, with these pictures fresh in my mind I will be able to see the similarities between my two ladies.

Ahhh...the Bear River Bear's state football hair and beard dying experience. W
asn't Claire lucky to have her birth so close to this event so her daddy could look like Santa Clause to welcome her into this world? I am not going to lie, I did not find the humor in the situation for quite a while.
8lbs, 8oz! Chunky Monkey that little girl was...and then she wasn't and still isn't!

Getting fresh and clean!
Who invented those huge circle binkys anyway? This is right after Claire's first bath that daddy gave her!
One whole day old!

Chilling in the NICU with mom

2 days old! This is Jer's favorite picture of Claire. He loves her little peek-a-boo face above the blanket.

This picture always makes me hurt...
But then this picture makes me feel better.
Claire was blessed with two extremely hot parents...just kidding. Don't you love how tired we look. It was just the beginning!
Well, I guess we will see how everything goes. If you have a horror story of being induced please do not share it with me until after tomorrow!! It would be very much appreciated!


17 comments:

Jen said...

I don't have any horror stories of my three inductions, so here's to hoping yours goes well too. I am so excited for you to have Macy! You're going to do a great job.

Shannon said...

I think you looked so good right after having little Clair! I totally forgot about the bleached hair and beard days for Jer... too funny! Clair was such a sweet baby and I am sure Macy will be just as good! I am praying that she will eat along with you:) Good luck, Love ya!

dustjen said...

Katie, I didnt realize you were almost due. I just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow! That is exciting!
Jennifer Benson

Toni said...

I am just sad that Jer won't be sporting that sweet beard this time around :) Can't wait, you have to keep me posted so I know when to head to LOGAN!!!

a-anderson said...

Good Luck! I am excited to see pictures of you new addition!

Jill said...

I hope everything goes well for you. 2 is great. It wasn't hard to have 2 I'm worried about a 3rd. . . YOu'll do great. Claire will be a good little helper.

Ashley said...

Good luck!! I was induced both times and never had problems with my induction. It was quick! I am excited for you. The recovery this time around was much easier!

The Bucks said...

Good luck! I hope I never have to be induced. Claire was such a gorgeous baby, I'm sure that Macy will be equally as beautiful. I can't wait for you to post!

Daryl and Ashley said...

Good Luck! I am excited for you! By the way... I want those hair clips! Do you think you might add them to the Black Bean Shop?? :)

Emily said...

inductions are the BEST!! no counting contractions, up all night wondering?????... you just go in after getting all beautiful:) which is great for pictures! hee hee... They get you set up while your having NO pain or holding your breath for the epidural...It's GREAT! The drugs and your body do the rest- piece a cake!! I remember the anxiety of having TWO... now just two seems so easy! It feels like such a big change but really it's NOT-it's just another little warm body to love on and just the beginning of a whole bunch of Young's, right? that is of course, as long as they EAT :) relax today and enjoy every bit of tomorrow- what a special day you lucky girl!! We'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about sweet Macy Bea! xoxo

The Allen Fam said...

Good Luck with everything! By the way, those clips you made are so cute!

Rustin & Brittany said...

Wait, hold on... why are you being induced? I am so sorry I haven't talked to you before now. I have tried to call several times and I keep getting this recording that says the number has been disconnected. I thought I had your current phone number. If you get this today and feel like chatting and giving me an update I would really love it. So... please call?

shinobu said...

Good luck, Katie! I'll pray for you:) Can't wait to see tons of pics of your little Macy:)

Stacy said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.




And...what the heck is up with Jer's beard?

jason and michelle clarke said...

Katie, yes we did go to Nelson's frozen custard. It was very delicious too!!!
Good luck with your delivery.I didn't realize that you were due this month. That has gone by fast for me anyway :) Those pics of Claire as a baby are so sweet. This new little one will be just as cute!!! Hope all goes well!!!

Jon and Melissa said...

I still haven't heard anything!!?! What is going on? I hope all is going well today. I love the flashback on little Claire. Can't wait to see this new little doll. Love you and good luck!

mel said...

Can't wait to see the new little lady! Post soon!