Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One More Candle

Can it be? Can she really be getting older and wiser too? My little Clairey really is growing up and it is exciting and unnerving all at the same time. My lady Jane was my first and she will keep being my first. The first to tie her shoes, the first to go to school, and the first to leave our little nest. She has given us a run for our money at times, and to make it be known I am more of a speed walker that a runner, but she has helped me grow and learn in so many ways. Isn't it funny that you think of your children as the ones that are growing and learning but actually they are returning that gift to you as well? I love you my Janer!! Happy birthday, princess Claire (that is what she calls herself).

Let's rewind....just for my sake.

1 day old
No one could believe that "Claire Hernandez" was actually our little lady with all that hair!
7 months old
Oh, the feeding tube. What crazy days those were. But look how happy you were through it all!
10 months old
I could not get enough of that scrunchy face!One year old
This was after her very first haircut!
19 months
That mischievous face. I love it.
2 years old
This was the beginning of the princess phase. I have to get all I can because soon she will want to be Hannah Montana or something!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Katie - She is so stinking beautiful! You will definitely have your hands full when she starts dating!!

Happy Birthday Claire!

Hill said...

" Happy birthday to Claire" as Addi would be singing in her best singing voice! Yes we do need to plan a day and have a crafting party. If we can't find a day before the holidays I'm sure we could find one once thing settle down a little bit.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Claire! You have a really special mommy and I love her guts! Hope you have a perfect princess Day!

Katie Mitchell said...

You know, it's so nice to know that we were a part of her life growing up. I remember all those pictures and times very vividly. Good days... stressful, but good. She's beautiful!

linds said...

love the re-cap. she is awesome.

Shannon said...

I cannot belive she is three! She is such a little sweetie, that one year old picture just melts my heart. Glad you had such a fun day:)

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!! Such a doll-so beautiful with so much personality! Great combo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Princess Claire! Where has the time gone? I can't believe our "babies" are 3 years old! I love that our girlies are just days apart. So fun to see the pics of when she was just tiny. Hope her day was an absolute fairy-tale! xoxo