Next to Christmas Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Jer and I have so many fun family traditions that we can't wait to introduce to our little family. When it comes to holidays my parents always did it right. They "biggie" sized it, if you will. Since we didn't have a ton of money to go around throughout the year my parents always made holidays extra special. We would wait in anticipation as our mom and dad headed outside to hide our baskets, threatening to do horrible things to us if we were to peek! Our Easter baskets were always well hid (if I remember right it took Mandy at least an hour to find her basket one year) but we could always get mom to give us hints, while dad pretended to be mad about it. But the time would finally come when we saw a flash of color and found our specific basket brimming at the seams, full of bright colored eggs, treats, and always a kite. Can you imagine, seven kids out in the fields of Smithfield trying to get their kites in the air while they are nose diving and tangling all together? Forced family fun at its finest (that is what we would call "together" time at our house). And now after all those years of being "forced" together, we can't wait to call each other to make plans for Easter brunch!
As I have been thinking about Easter time and all of the changes in my life I just can't get over how incredibly blessed I am. The role of families is so amazing and I can't express fully my gratitude to my Savior for the opportunity he has given me to have an eternal one. He has blessed me with a wonderful family, the sweetest most sincere husband, and a darling daughter that I can't get enough of. I am grateful for the atonement and for the path that Christ has laid forth. He has given me the chance to change and the knowledge that when I make mistakes I can turn to him for guidance and help. He has been there for me thorough my trails and is truly aware of the desires of my heart. Thanks to my Savior, every day is a brand new day and I can't think of a better gift or blessing than the knowledge of the resurrection and life of my Savior Jesus Christ. The precious truth that He lives, He loves us, and can't wait for us to return to our Heavenly Father. Incredible!
We had Easter brunch at my parents house with an Easter egg hunt to follow! We had fun flying kites, going on four wheeler rides, and putting up the new trampoline so the kids could jump. This is a picture of my sweet toe touch! Are any of you surprised that I can do a toe touch? I was...
We went on a ride to the "jungle" . It was pretty intense.
Claire's Easter basket, just waiting to be found...shhhhhhh.
You can't fool that Claire, she found it in no time! (Okay, so we pointed at it and said, "look Claire, what is that?")
6 comments:
She looks so cute in her dress and headband. I love it. I feel the same way about holidays. I love family tradition and fun things. I love Easter egg hunts. I can't wait until we are old and can have a big one for our kids and grandkids(scary thought)! Your family is so cute. You guys always look so happy:)!
Katie,
I know you should have been a cheerleader! That toe touch was amazing. :) Your Easter thoughts were beautiful. Thanks for your testimony.
Loves!
what a beautiful family!! I just LOVE looking at your blog!
Love the toe touch picture it made me giggle. All the pics made me miss all of the good times with everyone... Love you.
It looks like Easter was a blast! I love that Claire tried eating the egg. I love the toe touch. I'm not sure I can do that anymore. Her Easter dress was lovely. I especially like her matching headband.
Oh, Katie I loved your easter blog. As you and Claire drove away I ran into the house and read every word and looked at every picture 3 times! Katie it was beautiful! such an incredible testimony of your love for the Savior, and your husband and family. You can really write honey! Oh how I enjoyed reading your Easter blog so very much! thanks for pulling it up. I am going to make it the first thing I do every day (along with my 20 minutes of exercise ha ha) Love ya tons and tons and more than the universe! Mom
Post a Comment