Claire has grown into her size 4 shoes. I am so excited that she is finally able to wear her adorable sneakers that her aunts picked out for her. In the same breath I just can't get over how quickly she is growing up. I have to remind myself to enjoy every little moment that I have with her because tomorrow she will be different and off tackling bigger and better things. I can only snuggle her before her nap and bedtime for so much longer, and she will only love me whispering secrets in her ear for so much longer. She will only willingly give me kisses for so much longer, and she will only love reading books in my lap for so much longer. I just hope that the one thing that never changes as she grows is that when she is happy she will share her smiles with me, when she is hurt she will always want to be comforted by her mom and dad, and that when she falls down she knows that we will always be there with our arms open to lift her back up.
I never knew that having children could fill my life with such happiness and worry. I love it! Everything is filled with more adventure, everything is more vibrant and alive! You just never know what to expect. As unnerving, scary, and frustrating as it may be to be a parent it is truly an amazing transformation.

5 comments:
Katie, your blog is sooo cute!! It looks like you guys have had some fun times!! Your little Claire is not so little anymore! It is hard to see our kids grow up so fast, but I must say it is the funnest thing in the world!!!
You totally made me almost cry. I was thinking the same thing today about how CRAZY it is that they grow up so fast and that I will only do this a few more times!
I remember you showing me these shoes when you were pregnant back in the Logan appartments. She will never stop loving when you read to her. Allie still loves it! She wants me to read all day long. She will always be your little princess.
Katie - i love your little Claire! i can't believe how big she looks - I love reading your blog, it always makes me feel happy!
You are such a great blogger. I'm going to take some pointers from you because I love reading your posts. You really are so uplifting!
Post a Comment