Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sign of the times...

Sometimes motherhood makes me feel like a crazy person. Does it do that to you too? How is it you can go from wanting to implode because you are so frustrated to your heart melting at the sight of them? Seriously, crazy people do that.

Anyway.

These two babes do that to me. I will spare you the imploding pictures and just highlight the heart melting ones.

Couldn't you just eat them up? Kiss their faces off that is for sure.
Claire is in love with her nutcracker. It stems from watching the barbie version of the classic nutcracker tale. To her, it seems magical that her name is so close to Clara in the story.

Clara.

Claire.

Coinscidence? I think not. Well, more like she thinks not.

Last night she kissed her nutcracker goodnight and went to bed. Sort of.

5 minutes later...

"Mom, nutcracker needs a drink."

2 Minutes later...

"Dad, nutcracker is hungry."

I think that nutcracker is pretty demanding. Well, no crackable nuts at our house so nutcracker went to bed hungry. And finally so did Claire. But, oh isn't she the dang spanking cutest thing you've ever seen snuggling with her nutcracker? Yes. Yes, she is.


Let the imploding begin.

4 comments:

mel said...

Aren't they such clever kids. Anything to stay up just a little longer. Wyatt already has started to do this. And yes I feel like I might implode at least a couple times a day and maybe feel a little crazy every once in awhile too! I guess it keeps me humble.

Sara said...

I'm so glad I am not the only mom like this with my kiddies!

Daryl and Ashley said...

I am glad that I am not the only mother that feels like this! It's good to know I am not alone! I am glad that the lovey, squishy, kissy moments out weigh the want to scream moments!

Brian, Annalee and Ava said...

That is the cuttest thing. she is so pretty.