Prosaic (adj):tiresome; ordinary; common; tedious; regular; dull
As I have mentioned before my husband fears our little apartment will soon be covered wall to wall in yarn...believe me it is well on its way. As much as I have loved making beanies and having the joy of finding another hobby that I truly love, there really isn't anything in the world that beats hearing a little girl yelling, "Maahhmmy, Maammy, MAAAHMMY!" from her crib upstairs every morning. I just have to smile from ear to ear and know that my little lady is awake and ready to play "Rella house", and go "strollering", and "shopping" and anything else that comes to her mind. Thinking of those little hips swaying and singing rockabye to her baby sister melts my heart and I know I would give anything to keep that little darling in my heart and memory forever, just like she is...this very moment. I am afraid those sweet memories will dim over time but I will try my hardest to remember each and every tender moment I am given with that little girl. I guess my anticipation can't help but grow as the day our newest little lady will enter our home quickly approaches. What changes are going to come, what new adventures and hardships will we endure, and what is that little bug going to be like? I just love motherhood. What an amazingly hard and wonderful experience it has been. Some may feel that motherhood is a prosaic task...personally, it blows my mind and makes everyday a truly spectacular adventure (okay, maybe not laundry day or grocery shopping day). I love that I get to share a special bond with each of my children as they enter this world. I was the one to nourish them, care for them, and feel their first movements of life within me before their eyes ever met mine. Prosaic? Hardly so. What a beautiful thing it is to be a mother.

10 comments:
so so true!! And it will only get better when your new babe arrives!!! You are such a great mom!!!
I couldn't agree more. some days I think oh I would love to trade Matt places and he can stay home, but in the end I am very grateful indeed for the chance to have children and raise them.
Oh... well put! I love it.
How sweet! What a cute mama you are!
Well said, Katie. Thank you.
Thanks cutie, it is a good reminder to relish every moment. They grow up so quickly. See you soon :)
I love what you said. Where do you come up with all your great wordings? You are a wonderful mom/woman. I love being a mom too,although some days are a headache and I wonder if I'm doing things right. But, I always remind myself that it's the best job EVER!!!
I can't wait until that day arrives for us. It'll be an adventure with those little red heads! (now, watch, we won't even have red heads)
Beautifully put my dear! I'm sorry to once again miss you. I had a Dr. appointment yesterday afternoon and I had to come back to SLC for it. I think after Thanksgiving, I'm just going to make a special trip to T town to visit you. Think about a day that works for you and let me know. mishafitch@grassrootsmodern.com
Katie, great job of putting things into prespective. It is important to focus on the things that are the MOST important. Cute hats! You will soon now how to knit some also, however we aren't coming home for Thanksgiving. Christmas will be the soonest but we will be there from Dec.22 or 23 through Dec. 30th. So hopefull you will be visiting then also.
Post a Comment