Monday, December 3, 2007

Lights on Temple Square

We decided to take Claire to go see the lights on temple square Saturday. It was so beautiful because of the new fallen snow. Jeremy only wore his sweatshirt and jacket so he was a little chilly throughout our jaunt through the square, while Claire was content to eat her CHEEZ-IT's and enjoy the ride. I love all of our family traditions and since it was the first of December we decided to do something fun to kick off the Christmas season...even though I have secretly been listening to the Osmond Christmas CD for quite sometime now. Which reminds me...

That is one thing I loved about growing up in the Merrill home, there was never a shortage of good Christmas tunes, or any other tunes for that matter. I love that my parents loved vinyl records and that they have kept a lot of them so we can listen to them when we come home for the holidays, or really anytime we come home and feel like a good sing along. (Which is often for the Merrill girls.) The only thing that made it better was when Kavic started playing the accordion and then the infamous "polka night" was instituted and could be heard throughout the neighborhood. Ahhh, the memories. My family is awesome. A big shout out to everyone that is nodding and smiling while reading this post. I love you and I love thinking about all our fan-freakin-tastic times...even if you are in Mississippi, California, or anywhere I am not. I love you all!

**Note: These wonderful, award winning photos were snapped by the famous Dr. Fulks. (I told him I would make sure his work was given credit on my blog.)





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

What georgous pictures! I have never seen such great photos. You guys are so cute. Have a great december and we will probably see you around Christmas!

Emily said...

Hi Katie!! I am soooo excited that you have a blog- tell your sisters to get on board too! Its a great way to stay in touch!! Yeah!!! beautiful pictures of temple square!! I love all your posts! What a cute mom you are- of course- and little Claire is darling! next time your down this way call me ok my cute cousin!!! xoxoxo

Emily said...

I forgot to say... I LOVE the Merrill family! I can just see you all now gathered around the record player (????) singing like angels!! AWESOME!

Nathan said...

Thanks for letting us use your picture in our seminary video! :-)