I must say that I have the best dad in the world. He answers to many names: dad is the norm, daddy when I was a little girl, and "father" during my sassy teenage years. (and I wonder where Claire gets her sass!) I wanted to give him a big happy birthday greeting since he is turning 60 years old today. Last night we had a big surprise birthday party for this awesome guy and roast tribute in which my sister and I did the twelve days of dad. We sang about all of the dad-isms we remembered hearing throughout our lives such as: go bite a wall, oh maan, and my personal favorite, were you raised in a barn? I have to admit, I am definitely a daddy's girl. My dad has the most mellow personality and the kindest heart. I can't remember a project or concert he wasn't a huge part of or in the audience for. He has always been my personal cheerleader and I really can't thank him enough for you the amazing man he has been and the example he has set for my siblings and I. Not only is he a wonderful dad, he is a hands down fabulous grandpa. Claire absolutely adores her Grandpa Merrill and is known to monopolize his lap for long periods of time! Thank you dad for being an important person in my little girls life. I know she has often been in your thoughts and prayers. What a lucky girl she is to have a papa like you. Well dad, you are one year older and wiser too! I love you and Happy Birthday!
My wicked crazy awesome dad!

1 comment:
Very sweet post! Happy Birthday to your dad.
Post a Comment