Sunday, July 6, 2008

Twas the Night Before...

...Ross Park? Yes, that is right, Ross Park. We told Claire during her bath that we would see Grandma Honey and go swimming at Ross Park in Pocatello on the morrow and she seemed pretty excited repeating "swimmy" and "water"over and over for the duration of her tubby time. What we didn't know was that as soon as she got out of the tub she was ready to get her swimmy on and head to Ross Park ASTAT! As soon as she saw me pack her swimmy in her bag and get her jams out for bedtime she went into hysterics, crying desperately out for her swimming suit while simultaneously lifting up her legs to show us she was ready to put on that swimmy right now! Alas, as all good parents do, we folded and this is what Claire ended up wearing to bed...
(I guess this falls under the category of "picking your battles", right?)


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Toni said...

I love that girl!!! I have found that I don't mention events like that until about 5 minutes before we are actually leaving to avoid these melt down (yet sweet) moments. too cute!

Jon and Melissa said...

Love it! Good Mom, Katie. Yup I aggree with Toni, just keep your lips zipped-sometimes I let it slip to use it as leverage, and it always comes back to bite me.

Jen said...

That is sooo cute! I love it, love it.

I agree with the two moms above. I've used exciting events as bribery to take naps, but it never seems to work. We just have to wait until we're on our way to the fun to spill the beans.

For example: we told Sarah a couple weeks ahead of time that she was going to visit the farm (in Iowa), so she didn't stop thinking or talking about it for two weeks. The night before we left, we heard her making noise in her room and found that she had packed her bag herself and was ready to go. THEN, when we did load up the car and head out, she sang a song "We're going to the farm! We're going to the farm!" for the first hour of our 10 hour trip... Fun times.

Daryl and Ashley said...

That is so adorable. So worth being parents!

Katy said...

Love it, Katie! I'm glad she is feeling better. Savanna was recently sick and it is hard on the mom as well as the child. Glad you made it through. I loved your post below about history. Beautifully written! You are Jeremy couldn't get any cuter as a couple!
Love ya!

Jill said...

So fun! I totally agree with that, picking your battles. What does it hurt right?

Clint and Meg said...

At least she had her jammies on. I see no problem with the swimmy over the jammies!!

The Bucks said...

We have wanting to take Xander to Ross Park for a while. How did it go? I love the ensemble. Not someting I would pick out, but I guess to each their own!