Monday, July 21, 2008

There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters...

This weekend was our annual Merrill sister's getway and it did not disappoint! We had a splendid time shopping, eating (what Merrill's do best, even if half of them are on weight watchers), and chatting away until all hours of the night. Since there are Five original Merrill sisters, Two adopted by law, and one sweet mother we didn't have everyone there for everything, but we all came to what our schedules would allow and it was awesome! Here is theplay-by-play:

After picking up Mandy from the airport, some shopping, and severe damage to our credit cards (these days any damage is server, am I right?) we went to The Cheese Cake Factory for dinner and gorged ourselves on yummy food and even yummier cheese cake....Ahhh, I am still dreaming about the white chocolate caramel macadamia nut. The only bummer of the night: the chipotle "fire in the hole" something or other that Toni ordered. She took one bite and couldn't eat any more it was so hot!

The cheese cake
Even when nursing, the Merrill girls never miss out on some good cheese cake.
The one good picture of Toni...I didn't put the other one on, it was too graphic.
Madre and TeraWith the cheese cake filling our bellies and much more shopping to do we headed to the mall and went on a shopping spree to find new clothes for my super skinny mother. All we can say is that we love Christopher Banks! She found so many cute clothes and I am pretty sure my dad won't allow mom to do anymore "window" shopping with her beloved daughters! When we got to the hotel we were all beat but that didn't stop us from staying up way to late chatting, chatting, chatting...what are sisters for?
The next day we headed to Toni's house to meet for lunch and some Morgan snuggles!Cute Ladies
We ate lunch at the Macaroni Grill (which my mother can't stop calling the "noodle factory" it cracks me up!) The Penne Rustica has never tasted so good! And the bread, ahhh, the bread. Weight Watchers, whatever! Plus, the educational bathroom experience is priceless.
On Sunday we thought we would include the rest of the family just a little. We had a family dinner and then concluded with a little Oprah inspired activity and a book swap. We did "our favorite things" where we each brought our favorite thing to share with the group. So by the end of the night we all had a sack full of each other's favorite things. It ranged from Toni's raspberry filled donuts, earrings, Jane Austen movies, and gum, to picture frames, screw drivers, hymn books and a CD of Mandy's favorite tunes. Seriously fun! And to top it off Great Grammy was there to share it all with us. She is so beautiful, is she not?Shopping spree twinners!
Since we had the opportunity we decided to take a four generation picture! Pretty awesome.I just have to say that I have the most awesome sisters in the world.
They are inspiring beautiful ladies that I absolutely love to death. I can't wait until next year!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Toni said...

All I can say is that those Merrill girls rock!!!! Thanks for such a freakin fun weekend KT. You are eating a jelly donut right now aren't you?

Jon and Melissa said...

I can't believe you guys-so great at getting together for the girls getaway-inspiring. Especially Toni! What a trooper. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Glad the favorite things worked out! We better try it soon.

Ginny Tanner said...

you are always doing such fun things! I'm so glad you put them up on the blog for us to enjoy, too. I'm so glad you have such a sweet family. I hope you are feeling and doing well. love you.
ginny

Anonymous said...

Such good times with all of my fabulous sistas! Thanks for organizing such a great weekend KT. I love you oodles, and miss all of you already!

Payne Family said...

What an awesome group of ladies. How fun to get together and eat and laugh- what could be better!!

Jen said...

I love that you girls do a getaway every year. I'm am nothing but jealous of you and your cute sisters (plus mom)!

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie what a sweet post and what a FABULOUS little getaway! I am so jealous! I honestly got a little teary eyed thinking my own beloved sisters and our whole family. (So glad our mom and my dad are twins!) You girls are all so amazing, beautiful, talented and FUN! xoxo

p.s. Mark your calendar - I'll be in Logan one week from today! Hooray!

Jill said...

Okay so I'm confused, do you have four sisters or five or six? Are you the youngest? You really are so cute, I love your glasses! I love going to eat with all girls, always fun! When are we going to get together??? we really need to.

Ashley said...

That is so neat that your sisters get together like that. How fun that you got to go to Macaroni Grill AND Cheesecake Factory!! That alone would have been enough for me!

Ryan & Keri said...

What a fun tradition! And what beautiful girls!