Sunday, July 27, 2008

Matthew's Family Reunion 2008

Claire was in camping heaven with all the rocks, trees, dirt, water, and cousins to play with! We went to Island Park on Thursday and played non-stop until Saturday night. We swam and Claire actually enjoyed the water, Jeremy finally got to eat his favorite Matthew's family specialty of Ham and Tomatoes, and I loved catching up with everyone that we only see once a year! It was so good to see everyone and to spend some time as a family. Plus, I got to see my husband for three whole days in a row.

This is how our first night went...not so good, but not so bad. They look very snuggly.
Yay for cousins! Claire practically mauled Wes with hugs when she saw him. Apparently they need more time together.
Mmmmmm.....this is my way of coaxing Wesser into thinking I am his favorite Aunt. And I am sure that Krista appreciated the nutritious oreo I gave Wes for breakfast.
Claire chill-laxing in the camp chair.
Claire and Lilly becoming friends over a rice crispy treat...will it work?
Yep, sure did.
Enjoying the fresh air with dad.
Making breakfast with the boys.
We went on a fantastic nature hike, but Claire just wanted to throw rocks in the water the whole time.
That's our cabin in the background...someday, right?
Aunt Joy brought a sweet craft for the kids. They got to make awesome wooden pocket knives.
Claire was pretty intense when it came to carving her bar of soap.

Finally the water...how does she like it?
Not so bad! She loved walking around with her shoes and Scooby-Doo life jacket on.

Showing off her scooby life jacket to Honey.
And last but not least, I had to share the awesome ensemble Claire was sporting throughout the week. It consisted of Wes's glasses, greasy hair, and the bracelet and necklace she made all by herself at camp. Oh baby she was hot!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Clint and Meg said...

I'm glad it was a sucessful adventure this year. I sure am sad we missed out but you can bet that we will be there next year. I can't believe how big Claire is getting. She looks like she gets more personality all the time. Well I HOPE I get to see you soon! We're off to Texas tomorrow but hopefully I can get my ticket changed. Cross your fingers.

Jen said...

Ahhhh... utterly adorable. You guys are so sweet looking - cute family!

kevin and angie said...

Looks like fun!! Cousins are the greatest, Claire is lucky to have so many!

The Bucks said...

I wish I could get away with that ensemble. Do you think she could make me one? It looks like it was freezing cold, but maybe that was just in the morning. You should have dropped off some of your oreos in Shelley as you passed. I would have met you at the exit.

Jon and Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am glad that you finally got to see your hubby. Cute cousins. So camping how did that go? I am trying it this week and am a little nervous. Wish me luck

Laura said...

Those are such cute pictures of you guys! That sounds really fun:)

Daryl and Ashley said...

I loved the post! Fun pictures and fun memories!

Jill said...

That looks like you guys had fun! I love camping with a big group. YOu of course look so cute even camping!!

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Sure was a great time. Always a pleasure! Thanks for the oreo's, one of my favorites. It was so fun to see you guys!