Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thankful...

I have to share a little something that may or may not be a little too personal for a blog that is frequented by who knows whom, but today I just have to thank my Heavenly Father and share my testimony that He is mindful of each and every one of us. Even a small girl living in T-town with way too many blessings already. I don't know how many of you know about my health problems and I assure you this post isn't to get sympathy...although checks in the mail are perfectly acceptable...just kidding. I have a disease called Ulcerative Colitis as well as my recently diagnosed ailment of Spondyloarthritis. Good times, yes? Well, I have been so exhausted and unable to feel like I can muster energy of any sort and last night I was feeling quite discouraged. I was just really tired of waking up, well, tired. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and that we have a Father ready and willing to give us what we need. Because this morning I woke up at 7:15, on my own feeling super refreshed and ready to go. I didn't wake up a million times to go to the bathroom (I told you too much information might be given) and I feel really, what's the word...normal and ready to party with my little lady and sweet husband! It really was just what I needed. Even if I wake up dog tired tomorrow, I can look back on today and remember just how good it felt and the tender mercies that the Lord gives us to remind us just how important we are to Him. This gospel is amazing and I am so grateful that we can keep gaining faith even through our trials. Love it!

10 comments:

stacibee said...

Oh Katie, how I admire you. If you hadn't have said anything, I never would have guessed that you were dealing with those crazy illnesses. You're an incredible mother and an amazing example of charity and Christlike love. Thanks for being you.

Daryl and Ashley said...

You really are AMAZING! I too would have never known about your illness if you hadn't posted! You are always doing something creative and are such a good mother to your little girl! Your testimony has strengthend mine! Thanks for Sharing!

Jen said...

Again, I am just in awe of you. I love that you have the ability to share your testimony if such a way! The Lord does love us and is aware of us - we just need to realize it. I hope you have an utterly wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Seriously you are so amazing. I look up to you so much and I love you oodles. Thanks for your post, it helps me realize how much God's hand is in all of our lives.

shinobu said...

Katie! I knew you were suffering from an illness after you had Claire, but I thought you were all better now....It's hard enough to get up and get myself going each morning without a disease. You really are incredible. Your message teaches me again that our Heavenly Father knows our needs and He hears and answers our prayers.

jason and michelle clarke said...

Katie, you are a strong women. I think that is great you are so positive about your difficult times. Stay strong and thanks for sharing your testimony.

Emily said...

sweet Katie... your beautiful smile, radiant personality and heart of gold cover up all of your troubles from the rest of us... oh how I admire your strength and faith. I am glad that you are letting others know what you are dealing with...It is so important for you to know that you have people who you can lean on!! I'll keep you in my prayers and will think of you the next time that I'm about to complain about some silly thing... thank you for reminding me to count my blessings everyday and for being such a strong amazing girl!! I love ya cute cousin!!!

Ryan & Keri said...

Amen! I so completely agree with you. Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us, and He really does bless us and wait to bless us beyond measure. We just have to ask. And yet, He also seems to just bless us for no reason at all. I completely understand about your GI problems. I had quite a few growing up, and really bad in high school / college. I guess I really learned to depend on prayer. And I would go through cycles where I would do really well, and then I would have these moments where I just wanted to be healed. Hang in there, and thanks for sharing your testimony. You're amazing, Katie.

kevin and angie said...

Katie, I have always admired your strength, and your testimony! Thank you for sharing the love you have for life, and the Lord. I am constantly amazed at how the Lord touches my life, and sometimes it can even be done through a simple thing like a blog!! Thank you for reminding me to enjoy life, no matter what is thrown my way. I hope that your physical ailments will improve. You are such an amazing person, so cheerful all the time, and a great mom. Your little daughter and husband love you so much, you are so lucky! If you ever need ANYTHING, I'm here (Or at least only a short driving distance, or phone call away!! :D).

Andie said...

I geuss I am not the only one who loves and admires you...I will have to say dido to all the wonderful comments that preceded mine. You are loved and supported and we are here for you if you ever need anything (like a NAP!). Remember, you can ALWAYS complain to me and I will drive to Tremonton so you can vent, cry, or sleep. I love you and will include you in my prayers.