Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Am...

I am reading "I Am a Mother" by Jane Clayson, and yes it is my second time through. I love this book because it completely validates you as a mother and makes you feel like a rock star! And some days, you need a little validation.

This is Clairey Janer at a month old and isn't she darling? Yep, I think so too.

Whenever I have the pleasure of reading a couple pages of this book as I soak in the bath I am reminded of the amazing nobility and divinity of motherhood that is easy to forget when you are mopping messes off the floor, changing yet another poopy diaper, and when it seems an impossible task to keep a shirt clean for an entire day!

"Certainly, motherhood involves some sacrifices. Every worthwhile venture does. You will certainly lose some sleep over the years, and , every now an then, you might temporarily lose your sanity. But you will also learn-about yourself, about the world, about the spirit. The woman you can become as you nurture your children is a woman of faith, a woman who trusts in the Lord and knows he has a plan for her, a woman who has developed patience and empathy and knows how to listen, a woman of courage."

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like such a great book! I need to get myself a copy... I could definitely use a mommy boost.

Brandon and Lesli said...

I too loved that book. It not only made me so happy that I get to be a Mom, but made me so grateful for my sweet Mom. We're so lucky!

Daryl and Ashley said...

I think I need to read that book! I have heard really good things about it!

Anonymous said...

I love love love that book! Such an inspiring feel good book for moms!

Jon and Melissa said...

Hmm... just like everyone else, I guess I better jump on the band wagon and read that book. Can't believe how fast little Clair has grown up. So cute.

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-makanan-yang-cocok-untuk-penderita-maag