Thursday, October 8, 2009

Seriously?

Claire and I were talking over dinner last night and she informed me, once again, for the millionth time, that she was going to be a ballerina fairy. She can't wait to wear her black and hot pink tutu. But her next statement had me shocked. Maybe a little amused. She told me that for Halloween I was going to be a mean witch. A mean witch!? Are you kidding me? I feed you, love you, bathe you, not to mention birthed you for heavens sake, and the thanks I get is being a mean witch for Halloween?

And the real kicker?

Brace yourselves.

When I asked what daddy was going to be for Halloween, thinking she would say a troll or a monster (really anything hideous would do), nope dad emerges with a five start rating.

Dad gets to be a prince for Halloween.

Motherhood is not fair. I am sure it was just a little peek into the forward scope of my motherhood years ahead. Will I always be the mean witch? One thing is for sure, I will probably like being called a mean witch more when I am not allowing her to date some crazy maniac boy with raging hormones as a teenager.

Then it will be a title I wear with pride.

As for now I will probably bribe her into thinking I should be a queen for Halloween...

10 comments:

Jen said...

She is so funny! I know what you mean... motherhood can be so thankless and the daddy's get all the sweetness sometimes. The other day when we were together at the park, Sarah told me that she used to love me when she was a baby. I asked, "Do you still love me now?" She said... "I like you a LITTLE bit."

Jill said...

oh kids. they are so funny yet so frank. Why do moms come off as the bad guy? You should convince her that you are a queen already and didn't she know!?

Nicole said...

She is cute.

Nicole said...

One more thing, are you still making beanies? If so how can I place an order??

Emily said...

you are so smart to write down those adorable conversations... I cannot remember very much that Evan and Eli used to say... I thought I'd never forget.... but I have and it's sad! I'm hoping to do better with this next batch of boys... we shall see?! Your Claire is full of spice huh? Glimpses into the future like that scare me to death... what are we going to do when they are teenagers! AHHHHHHHH!

love ya! xoxo

linds said...

i love it. we need to get izz and claire together. i wonder what they would come up with. she is pretty cute. i am also always the mean one at our house. it sucks to be the only one around when someone needs a talking too.

Brenda said...

You deserve to be the queen!! My kids once gave me a plaque for mothers day
"The Mean Mother Award"
I love it and display it proudly!! Well I found you and it has been one week, and 1 day but who is counting!! (You really can't count, because the days go by really slow in CHEYENNE... my reason for the week... not all the snow in Cheyenne gets to go to Nebraska some of it stays on the ground to cover up the prairie-"stuff" (remember I won't call this stuff grass, even if THEY call it prairie-grass) have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect. I have TONS to look forward to. At least this one's a boy so I have to make sure my raging hormonal teenager leaves the cute girls alone but treat them with respect. :)

Ryan & Keri said...

This makes me laugh so hard. But ONLY because I can relate. Sometimes Matthew will say in a really sweet, innocent voice, "Wow, you're a really mean mom." Thank you, Darling. Now, would you like ham or peanut butter and jelly?!

Ryan & Keri said...

But . . . it's important to note, these are few and far between moments. He really is a sweet boy.