The summer of 2013 has been lovely...busy...and full of change. Jer and I were in charge of the Merrill family reunion, we finished the basement of our new house, Claire is in all-day school, Jer started a new job, and expecting baby girl #4 at the end of it all. Sometimes I can't quite grasp the fact that all of these changes are and will be happening. It is kind of like a roller coaster. You are so excited for the ride but knowing there will be times of exhilaration, nausea, anxiety, and general merriment. Basically I am just tightening my grip and rolling with it. I will miss my Claire. I will have anxiety over how she is coping, learning and becoming while out of my house. I pray for my sweet husband in his new career. I hope that everyone will recognize his sincere love and care for the job he is doing and realize that he is doing his very best. I worry about having four children to care for. Will I be a crazy person? How can I make sure my ladies know how much I care for them individually and see to their needs? Will I be able to hold it together?
My sweet sister-in-law gave me some excellent advice. She told me that after her babies are born she makes sure she tells herself that for the next year she is focusing on raising a child. Not anything else. Not becoming the best and most talented at every aspect of life, but raising her baby and continuing to mother her other babies as well. I loved the perspective her thoughts gave me. I am a mother right now. I can focus on loving and supporting my sweet Jer, and seeking guidance for the needs of my children. Nothing is quite as important as this calling right now. Seasons. This is my "mother of small children" season. I need to enjoy it because it will be gone in a flash.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
End of Summer Love
These ladies are worth every second of the crazy roller coaster feeling
Did I mention that Cbug and The Mooster learned how to ride their bikes without training wheels? They are pretty excited about it. Totally triumphant.
Posted by
Katie Jane
at
9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment