Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Unsuspected powers

Claire was examining my legs while I was braiding her hair this morning. While rubbing my leg she said,

"Mom, these are pokes. Pokes are good for you. They keep you safe."


"Oh yeah? Safe from what?" I asked.

"Safe from the bad guys....and from the monsters. They protect you and you protect me."

I never knew my leg hair had such powers. I may never shave again.

7 comments:

Sara said...

If only it were that easy! Just wait until she is older and those pokes don't protect her from boys! She is so adorable!

mel said...

I love kids fascination with monsters and other scary things. Wyatt has spiders in his closet and sometimes they eat him. YIKES!

Jill said...

kids are so fun. it's moments like this I never want my kids to grow up.

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Bahahaha. Love it. Classic.

Jim and Britanie Miller said...

Hahaha! She is so cute.

Jen said...

Ewwww... just kidding. I still love you!

Jon and Melissa said...

The Poke ones protect you, if you never shaved again, well darling then you would be braiding something in addition to Claire's hair...