I attended a funeral today of a little girl in our ward. It was so heartbreaking. I just kept trying to put myself in that mothers shoes all day and wrap my head around the grief that she must be experiencing. Losing a child...I just can't. It hurts to even think about it. At the funeral our Stake President, who has also lost a child, spoke about how this life is truly just a moment and that if we are able to endure our trials well, we will gain blessings for eternity.
It really made me stop and think about my life as just a moment. It really is so short and moves so quickly. It made me think about what I am doing with my moment. Am I making the most of it? Am I being true? Am I becoming what I should? Am I filling my moment with unimportant and fleeting things? It filled me with gratitude for the time I have here on earth and made me take inventory of the choices I make daily.
I thought of it as I was putting my ladies to bed tonight. After a while Macy woke and was crying in her bed. I am a firm believer of self-soothing, and I usually let her cry it out. Tonight was different. I wanted to hold her. I wanted to sooth her. I wanted to have that moment with her in my arms, breathing softly in my ear with her arms around my neck. I want to remember how little she is in my embrace and how she fits just right on my shoulder. To feel the love you have for your babes surge through you is life changing. You never know when those moments will be taken away from you and I want to remember to savor each and every one that I am blessed with.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Moments
Cheers to living in the moment.
Posted by
Katie Jane
at
7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Thanks Katie. That is so sad. I wish I could remember to live in the moment more often. Your lady bugs are so cute. They have such a good mommy! Love you
AMen! I think as your children grow you forget to soak them in as much as you can. You just get so busy with LIFE! But since I have had Eli I have remembered to not only soak him in but my girls! Thank you for sharing this. It is great!
thanks for the great thought. It's so crazy how fast kids grow. Good reminder to cheerish every moment.
well put. we all need a reminder once and awhile.
I loved hearing from Pres. Hobbs. What an inspired guy!
:( i cried the whole freaking time!!! i was sad the whole day! my sisters were sobbing after the funeral! it was sooo sad!!!
Good post Katie-it is that Eternal perspective thing that we get a glimpse of once in a while-wish we could always have it-much easier to keep your priorities straight. Love ya.
Post a Comment