I was talking to Jer about the education system this morning, and let's just say it ended up with me sitting on my bed wondering what will happen with education in it's proverbial nose dive.
Cutting another $2 million dollars from the district AGAIN this year (Yep, that is just Box Elder School district). Really?
When are we going to say that they have had enough? We want a quality school system for our children. We want them to have opportunities, high caliber teachers, and programs. The government bails out millionaire bank properties with trillions of dollars but education is left to squander, cut back, and forced to give up its worth.
I know I am talking from an underpaid teacher spouses perspective, but what about when my kids go to school? After billions of dollars in cutbacks will there be anything left? Will another fabulous teacher (my hubs) be forced out of the system because he can no longer afford to sacrifice what he has in the past to be there?
Yikes.
Are you as worried as I am about the future of education?
Just saying....(wink)
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Education Frustration
Posted by
Katie Jane
at
9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I feel the same way! Don't even get me started with our dear President! FOOLS!
THey are all idiots! I wonder why so many moms have taken it upon themselves to home teach their kids...Well it is reasons like this that they do! I am scared for my kids when they are older. We are going for kindergarten registration next week and I am nervous for my kiddies to be starting let alone knowing that they are pulling more money from the school systems!
It makes me sick every time I think about how completely incompetent these people are (these people being the fools who continue to put the money in the wrong places). I get so frustrated when I hear about more funds directed away from education, and it seems like it happens all the time! Grrrr.
That is so frustrating! kids nor good teachers will have a chance at anything. Let's just hope that those in charge of funding will wake up sooner than later.
I know huh! This is all craziness! It infuriates me to think that we don't place value on what matters most- the education of our children!! I'm sorry Katie! It's probably worse when you are the spouse of a teacher! It's very unfair!!
Amen Sista! You said exactly how I feel! What an absolute joke! I think that we have to take on more and more responsibility as parents to help teach our kids, because education is being cut so drastically.
However, I do LOVE this pic of Jer... WOW! That is frightening how much he resembles Keith from Napoleon Dynamite! Ha ha ha!
Katie Jane.
1. Thank you for posting that pic of Jeremy. It makes me very happy.
2. Thank you for posting the funny stories about your girls. Always makes me laugh.
3. Thank you very much for your comment/song on my blog. I laughed heartely, and it made me miss your face off.
4. Yes, I still want to name my first little girl Katie Jane.
Love you. Bye.
I agree! You want to know how I feel about being a police officers wife and the cut backs there? Yea probably not but soon enough only freaks will protecting you and me because good people will no longer be able to afford to take care of a family on their wages!
I hear ya! Don't even get my husband and I started on the subject, we don't stop once we start! Something has to change! I can't believe Box Elder is taking that big of a cut! What a joke! There will be nothing left! People are money hungry... and that is what it boils down too!
so true. What I can't believe is that people are still graduating in education wanting to be teachers knowing it's going down not up. It should be going up because our kids are the future of this country. crazy how things work.
I keep wondering what more they are going to cut . . . I sincerely hope that there are good teachers like Kip, er Jeremy teaching when Jenna gets there. Otherwise home schooling might be an option.
Post a Comment