I found myself drawn to the little space of carpet in front of my two little ladies door tonight. That is right. One door, two ladies. Together.
Secrets. Giggles. Serenades. Passing the stuffed rattle sheep...
I layed in front of their door dreaming of the future of their sisterhood. "They're gonna be good friends," I thought to myself.
I have four of the best sisters in the entire world and I know that late night chats, slapping wars, and bed sharing had to make some kind of contribution to our awesome relationships. I remember singing at the top of our lungs and then pretending to be asleep when our mom came upstairs to see who was making all that racket.
"I don't know who was singing Colors of the Wind, Mom. I was sleeping the whole time. Strange."
There's just something about that blue corn moon....anyway.
I know one thing, I couldn't stop smiling listening to Claire sing the honey bunch song over and over again to Macy so she would stop crying. Especially because she would get stuck, broken record style, saying the "pumy-umy-umy-umy-umy-umy-umy-umy-mkin part every time. So lovely!
I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the day when I come upstairs ready to give them a piece of my mind because I am trying to sleep, only to find them fast asleep.
Fakers. I know that game. I invented that game!
Monday, March 8, 2010
Roomies
Posted by
Katie Jane
at
7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ahhhhhh. good times, good times.... "or ask the grinning bobcat why he grins............." Those are the only full string of lyrics I could remember. Bwahaha. Remember the curtain skirt? Or were you the look out that night? Ariba!
I can't stop laughing about the blue corn moon... I just can't.
It is the best to have the kiddos share a room, isn't it? So great.
So cute! I never had a sister, and I love to watch the interaction between Kamri and Lilly! That will be my taste of sisterhood I guess!
How fun is that. I love that she was singing to her instead of yelling at her to stop crying. She's the best big sister already!
come a little bit closer, you're my kind of man. So big and so strong. Come a little bit closer, I'm all alone and the night is so long..... yeah yeah yeah....
Oh man, such memories. So excited for your little ladies. Miss you guys!
Hey, Katie! Your little gal is such a cutie. I just can't believe how fast they grow up. Oh, I was wondering if you're still making hats? Kyle. kakoyle@gmail.com
Post a Comment