Do you remember all of those hiking songs you used to sing along the trail to keep your spirits high and moral boosted as you made your way to your destination? Well, we got to hear them again (along with some fabulous new songs by Tyson) as we hiked to the Wind Caves in Logan Canyon. Jer stayed up until 3:30 am doing film so that he could spend a whole Saturday morning with us. (Have I mentioned how much I love football season?) It was such a perfect day to be out and about and we got to see the first changes of fall. Claire did awesome and we were lucky enough to have Ryan and Becky and Mom and Dad along for the hike. Good times had by all...except when Ryan got stuck carrying Lilly, Jo Jo, and Kenna Lou all on his person at one time. What a trooper.
Claire and her caterpillar
Such a beautiful view!
At the top of the Wind Caves
(And don't you worry, Claire did not forget her hiking jewelry.
(And don't you worry, Claire did not forget her hiking jewelry.
The whole group




12 comments:
That looks like such a blast. How fun!! I bet the weather was good as well. Good ol' fall in Logan. You guys look wonderful. We miss your whole family, Katie!
Hi Katie! I check out your blog every so often and I just need to say that Claire is so stinking cute. I cant believe how big she is. I hope you guys are enjoying Tremonton!
Jen Benson
Cute pics! I love the change in the leaves in Logan. I miss that, we don't see much here because our mountains are filled with pine trees, very few quakies.
Fun times! I have never been to the wind caves. Horrible I know.
What a pretty view!
looks so fun!!! We might have to do that one day!
Hey Katie, I don't know if you remember me, but i was in your parents ward growing up!(My name was Whitney Larsen). I just found your blog and your little family is so cute! Your little Claire is a doll!! I can't believe how good your mom looks, i ran into her at the derby and she looks AMAZING!!
How fun! Where is that hike? I probably should try it.
A whole day with your husband...how would that be?
How are you feeling?
That looks like it was a lot of fun! Hope your doing good.
Hey, I was just telling Kevin we need to do that hike, we have never done it before. Now I know for sure we need to!!
You are so good about keeping your blog updated! Are those leaves already changing! You are so cute, I love reading your blog!
Love ya, Katie Jane! You always make me smile. Great quote from Pres.Monson! You made me miss Logan Canyon.
What a sweet husband to sacrifice so much sleep for a hike with the family! And yes, Katie, I do LOVELOVELOVE football season too! Not so much actually, but I'm really trying to be supportive. In answer to your question, no, the season is not going so great down here. PESH is 0 and 4, I think or 0 and 5. But 3 of those games are non-district games. At any rate, each game has been a killing and a beat-down in every sense of the word. But Ryan still coaches with a smile. He's actually not even an official/official assistant. The staff was full, so the coach came to him and offered him more of a P/T position, working with the scout team. Basically, he preps the varsity by using the JV to play out the opposing team's plays. Anyway, more than you wanted to hear. I love the pics of your family at the Caves. It looks like a really fun time.
Post a Comment