I have been thinking a lot about motherhood lately. The way motherhood seems to morph as you learn and grow and then as new little spirits enter our home. Seasons of fullness, seasons of treading water, but through it all a bending and twisting of heart mind and soul. It blows my mind at the love I have felt and how amazing it is that someone imperfect is given such a great responsibility. I am constantly searching for a better way to mother my ladies and to become the mother that fits with who I am and what they need.
I have been reading this book and it inspires me in ways nothing else has. I love that coupled with prayer and pondering the scriptures I feel empowered in such a special way. It is validating and lovely. I also read a blog post lately with the most beautiful meaning. It came in such a timely manner. I had been feeling exhausted, frustrated, and at a loss as to how to accomplish the goals I wanted to achieve with my family. How do I get Macy to obey? Claire is going to all day school next year and it is kind of breaking my heart, and my Snooker is just getting so big. Am I giving her the time and attention she needs? Andy holy smokes another sweet lady is headed to our home. As I sat at the couch and just stared out the window I knew I needed help from Heavenly Father to buoy my spirits.
When I saw this picture it made my heart soar.
I don't think I could see motherhood in a more beautiful light. I could look at this picture all day and find more ways that it conveys a mother heart, but mostly I love that the title uses the words "these souls". As a mother I am not here to just instruct and improve in a one sided manner; mother to child, but as we learn together are all lifted to a place we could have never achieved without the other. We soar together. I have felt it. I felt it as I experienced birth, the hardest and most painful thing I have ever done that ended with exhilaration and an overflowing and fullness of love and light. I feel it as my little ladies play together in kindness. I feel it as we make mistakes and are able to forgive each other and feel the increase of love that follows. I feel it as I hear their sweet prayers to a loving Father in Heaven. I feel it as we experience new things together and share our loves and passions with each other. I feel it as they twirl and giggle around the living room. I feel it especially when they throw their arms around me and show me the love in their hearts.

1 comment:
Love. Love. :)
Post a Comment