I can't believe that our newest lady will be arriving no later than Monday of next week. I don't think it has quite hit me yet...I think I should be more nervous than I am. People keep telling me that the third child rocks your world. I don't appreciate those kind of comments. You know, the comments that tend to induce anxiety and panic. Can I handle three? I only have two hands! Is my life going to start on a swirling downward spiral never to return to a nice homeostasis that I call my balance? Maybe that is the fun of it. Who needs homeostasis right?
If there is one thing my sweet husband has taught me it is that you should never stress over the future. You will never know if the future is actually stress-worthy until you get there so it doesn't do you any good to be stressed about it now. Plus, when you get there, what good does it do to be stressed about it anyway. Ahh, the wisdom.
With all this talk of the baby coming and the last minute preparations Claire has become more and more interested in the finer points of child birth. She asked me again in the car today (yes, we have had this conversation more than once.)
"Mom, how does the baby come out? Do they just take off your tummy and then put it back on?"
12 comments:
Fact: you only have two hands. Truth: you have always been able to hold more than one thing in your hand at the same time. So, the hubs is right - no need to worry. You.will.do.JUST.fine. In fact, I have a pretty penny wagering that you will do more than just fine. :) Good luck!
Oh... Claire. That is too cute.
You are going to be amazing at being a mommy to three. You have always taken things in stride and you will do the same again.
Hahahah, I can't wait for questions like that. Except my babies really do come out of my stomach, so I'm good on that. ;)
Call me during the first week she's here if you can.. Let's do the pictures soon! Good luck! Can't wait to see her!
Funny girl. I'm glad I haven't had to explain that to Welly yet.
You got this. No problem!
I would thing that adding a third child would bring balance. Like how they say in decorating you should always use threes to bring balance. Maybe kids are like knick knacks and three will be easier than you think.
Allie asked me the same question and i used the csection thing for a few years but then she asked about other moms. she thought it was disgusting too! ha ha. oh well what can we do! can't wait to see baby #3!
I agree cool and disgusting all in one!
LOVE IT! Oh and 3 didn't rock my world! People also said twins would knock Derek and I on our butts and it was a piece of cake! I think it is based on how you go into it. You have a great attitude and I know that you are an amazing mother and this 3rd little angel is going to do nothing but joy and love into your home. Love your guts!
Good luck with the delivery and I can't wait to see beautiful pictures of this little lady.
Good luck with your new little baby! When I was about to have my 3rd, it seemed like all anyone wanted to tell me what how hard 3 is. For me, it has been great. I love the dynamic 3 brings to the house. You'll do great!
Hey Katie Jane. I'm so sorry I have been such a looser friend. I can't believe your new baby is almost here. I swear you just told me you were pregnant last week! Anyhow, I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch. I love looking at your blog though, so I still feel like we're close :) I loved loved your story with Claire trying to figure everything out - love it!
Well good luck lady! You guys produce some incredibly cute children - cant wait to see the new one!
LOL! Good luck with the birth, Katie. #3 is one lucky girl to be joining such an awesome family!
oh my - how did i miss this hilarious little nugget?!? what a good one!
Post a Comment