Sunday, May 18, 2014

Easter 2014

 Easter is one of my favorite days to celebrate.  The spirit seemed to be tangible as we remembered all that happened leading up to Sunday.  My favorite night was when we all sat on the living room floor for dinner and spread out various pictures of Jesus.  We talked about His childhood, His baptism, ministry and miracles.  We talked about the last supper and the sacrament as we ate roasted chicken, flat bread, dried fruit and cheese.  It reminded me of our Christmas tradition, but it had such a different feel.  It really made my heart try to understand what it might have felt like to be there with Jesus.  To try and understand what was about to happen.  To know that our Savior would suffer so very much in the next moments.  To know He would feel such unimaginable anguish for the sins of the world, to be turned on, hated, and raised up on a cross.

And then Sunday comes.

There is something so glorious about Easter Sunday!  The hope and joy at the breaking of the bands of death. I love it.  I love my Savior for all He has done for me.  I am grateful for the plan of salvation and a loving Father in Heaven who sent His only begotten son to die for us. He loves us so very much.  I am grateful for my Father.  I know I don't see it all, I know that there are times I don't recognize His hand in my life specifically, but I know He is there. When I don't know where to go He creates a path, when I kneel in prayer and pour out my heart He hears me.  And when I don't understand my circumstances He sends me a different perspective. He teaches me everyday by my mortal experience, for which I am so grateful. He refines me. He lifts me. He loves me.  He sends Jer and I ladies like these to light up our lives.





3 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

Adorable pictures and I love their dresses!

Aimee said...

Priceless Katie! I love that last picture :)
Wonderful thoughts...thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

cute girls!! love the pics