Eleanor Ivaloo was planned to come on August 30th. I usually have really fast deliveries but I was on pitosin for over four hours and got from a three to a four. Yikes, are you kidding me? They turned up the pit yet again and my body kicked into gear and I went, unknowingly, from a four to a ten in less that forty minutes. They weren't planning on checking me for an hour but I started feeling really anxious. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin! I didn't know if I was feeling that way because my legs were pretty numb and it was bothering me but the reason soon became clear when I called the nurse. She checked me and it turns out I had adrenaline pumping through my veins because I was at a ten and ready to have a baby.
Eleanor made her arrival after three contractions at 3:03pm. She weighed 7lbs 13 oz and was 20in long. She had the cord wrapped around her neck but arrived safe and sound. What a little love! To finally see the little lady that had been moving and growing within me for nine months, to hear her cry, and to touch her sweet face was such a joyous moment. To feel our bond and to know she felt safe in my arms because she knew me. Having a baby is such a little piece of heaven. All the pain and turmoil blurs to the edges of our periphery and you become focused on the miracle that is now part of the center of your world. For that moment she was my center. My babies were all taken care of and safe and in that moment I was able to revel in the beauty and joy that was my newest miracle, Eleanor.
Eleanor Ivaloo is named after one of the most beautiful and graceful women I know. Bertha Ivaloo Tolman Evans is Eleanor's great grandmother. She was one of those special people that you will remember and hold in your heart forever. She left this Earth six years ago but is still such a strong figure in my life. I like to think she embraced my little Eli Ivaloo and sent her to our family with a kiss goodbye.
Bertha Ivaloo Evans "little grandma" 2007
Eleanor, we are so overjoyed that you are part of our little family. I relish the thought of being your mother and sticking with you through thick and thin and really coming to understand the meaning of unconditional love.
1 day old

6 comments:
Welcome sweet little Eleanor! You have a pretty special mom! Thanks for making me cry Katie. You're amazing and I'm so glad that I gt to be friends with you. Some people just get life and all the sweet tender mercies and that person is you. Thanks for teaching me to be a better person. I just love ya!
Welcome sweet little Eleanor! You have a pretty special mom! Thanks for making me cry Katie. You're amazing and I'm so glad that I gt to be friends with you. Some people just get life and all the sweet tender mercies and that person is you. Thanks for teaching me to be a better person. I just love ya!
Fantastic post Katie Jane! I loved it all! The pictures captured the moment in such a great way. She is absolutely beautiful and so are you and the rest of your little/big family. Love ya! Congrats!
blogs are awesome! im so happy for you and your family. that is such a cute picture of you and your 4 girls. wow 4 girls. you are one lucky momma. you are an amazing person and i know that those girls are going to be amazing people just like you and Jer. Your baby is beautiful!
You are such a gifted writer! You could have just written about split pea soup and i would have been captivated! Your post made my heart melt! What a sweet baby and what an amazing, wonderful, sweet momma you are! I bet the Lord sends little spirits down to you with pleasure!
you seriously look gorgeous in every one of this pictures! i am so happy that eleanor is here safe and sound! can't wait to meet that little sweet lady of yours! and what a lucky girl to have you as her momma! LOVEYOU!!
Post a Comment