Claire had her very first dance recital last week. We kind of like this little lady.
We switched her from gymnastics to give dance a try and she wasn't quite sure about the decision until she found out she got to perform on the "big" stage! She would ask at least once a day when her recital was. She was so excited! Finally the big day arrived and she attended her rehearsals so she was ready for the real deal. We dropped her off and anticipated seeing her up on stage with sparkles in her eyes (her dance teacher told her that the big lights would make their eyes sparkle. She told me to look for those sparkles specifically!) I never knew the satisfaction and excitement that would come when you see your children doing something that makes them beam and grin from ear to ear! It is like a parental "high" or something. She did a tap dance and a ballet dance and she loved her frilly sparkly costumes for each (although I think the crown for the ballet dance might have tipped the scales a bit). Macy was so excited to see Claire dance and bring her beautiful flowers. She kept asking when Claire was going to dance again and so we had to tell her how many dances until it was Claire's turn again. Watching Claire Jane dance was so fun. She was exuding pure joy. She had the best day ever. Anytime I ask her if she liked her dance recital she says, "yeah, like four hundred thousand!" (the bigger the number the more she likes it...she liked it) Grammy and grandpa came on Claire's special night and we celebrated with ice cream together.
I love how special Claire felt that night. Her family came to celebrate her in what she was doing and I definitely want to make that a tradition. No matter how small the event, we celebrate it, and we celebrate it together. As siblings, I want them to celebrate each others strengths and to love each other through their weaknesses. She keeps telling me over and over thank you for her flowers. "They are so beautiful!' she will say, "I love them so much." I hope she never forgets these moments. The moments that she feels so happy and so loved that she almost bursts. I know that kind of love will build her confidence throughout the rest of her life. I know my mom did that for me. She celebrated all of the small things. She left me notes, she served me, she decorated for dances and made posters for elections, but most of all she always made me feel like she was my biggest fan. I want my girlies to know that their mom and dad are their biggest fans.
Headed to rehearsal
Macy cannot wait to give Claire her beautiful bouquet
This daddy loves his little dancer. She is seriously so happy right now!
The beautiful ballerina and her proud momma




3 comments:
Yay!! What a happy girl. You can tell this makes her heart sing. Wish we lived closer so we could have been there. I can see why you are such a proud mommy! Congrats
This is one of my most favorite posts ever! I love it all, especially you! And my gosh, could Claire be any cuter? Or sweet Macy with those flowers? Or Jeremy with his little dancer? Seriously, girl, this is the good stuff. Love you!
you are the best mom. I love that claire was so happy she looks adorable!! and so do you!
Post a Comment